-We talked about the Day of the Dead exhibit we visited and reviewed some vocabulary from our story last week.
-Connor led our daily routine.
-We practiced commands and conversation.
-Students were given the format to create their own silly story.
-TAREA: Create a story using the format given. We will present them in class. Also, study your facts of Argentina at home to be prepared for class activities.
-Students reviewed common verbs.
-Students practiced conversation in partners.
-We discussed conversation topics as a class.
-We played a class "futbol" game with review topics and past tense verb questions.
-I handed out explanation for two types of past tense verbs. We looked over them and talked about their meanings.
-We read the Argentinian Flag Poem together.
-TAREA: Students have a worksheet to complete for Friday.
-Students wrote sentences to describe various photos and pictures. They presented them to the class.
-Students practiced conversation in partners. We will have an oral quiz on these questions on Friday.
-We began reading "Las aventuras de Isabela", a short book about a girl named Isabela. We will continue reading it on Friday.
-TAREA: Study for the oral quiz. Be able to answer the conversational questions about yourself.
-Our class was joined by Nikki's class today.
-We taught them our song about my grandma in Argentina.
-We discussed the "futbol" competition that will begin between our classes. Classes will have 5 chances to receive points each week, as determined by Nikki or myself. If a class receives all 5 points, it is equal to one goal. The game will be posted in the hallway outside the Spanish room.
-We did a storytelling activity together.
-We reviewed conversation questions in singular and plural forms.
-We practiced the months/weather chant and sang the ABC song. Students practiced spelling their names out loud in Spanish.
-We did a storytelling activity.
-TAREA: Students have a worksheet due Friday. We will have our field trip this Friday. Students should come to school at the normal time and we will be back around 9:00am.
Para empezar: students were given one word and had to write opposite (grande/pequeño)
Palabra del día: vaquero
Competición: we reviewed some words of the day, vocabulary about time, and information about Argentina in a brief competition.
Students had attached photos and were guided through a tour of Buenos Aires with prompts below:
Using the photos, students put the tour in order from 1-13.
Primero, vamos a visitar a dos personas importantes en la historia de Argentina.
1. Carlos Gardel era cantante de tango muy importante.
2. Eva Peron o Evita era la esposa de Presidente Juan Peron.
3. Despues vamos a visitar la casa del presidente: la Casa Rosada.
4. Luego, vamos a visitar la zona que se llama La Boca. En la Boca, las casas tienen diferentes colores interesantes.
5. Después, vamos a visitar el cementario de Recoleta, donde están enterradas muchas personas muertas de Argentina.
6. Luego, vamos a ver arte en el museo Malba.
7. Después, es necesario descansar y comer helado. En Buenos Aires, el helado es delicioso. Es muy similar al helado de Italia.
8. Luego, vamos a visitar los parques de Palermo. En el mapa de Buenos Aires, hay mucho espacio verde donde están los parques.
9. Después, vamos a ver una calle super grande cerca del centro.
10. En Buenos Aires hay mucho grafiti.
11. Luego, vamos a visitar una calle peatonal se llama Florida.
12. En la calle Florida, hay dos personas bailando tango.
13. Finalmente, vamos a visitar un monumento similar al monumento famoso en Washington D.C.
Went over answers and saw if students remembered details about the text (¿Cómo se llama el cantante de tango?)
-Students finished working on their version of "Angelica en Argentina". They presented their finished work to the class.
-We did a listening activity of a tour of Buenos Aires. Students sorted pictures by listening to the story.
-TAREA: Students have a worksheet due next class.